The Oceania Triathlon Union shall:
- control, foster and promote participation in the sport of triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon in Oceania through the maintenance of friendly and loyal cooperation amongst its Members;
- encourage inclusion of Oceania Region in international triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon;
- encourage Members to host triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon events at all levels;
- facilitate sports development in the region including coaching education, technical official’s education, event management, and governance; and
- encourage the provision of appropriate facilities for participation in triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon.